We're so excited to share this little project with you today, so let's get started!
1. To start out, grab all of your materials. These will include:
- Fabric for letters
- FlexiFuse (2sheets)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Cardstock Paper
- Pennant Banner Outline
- Pattern for letters or whatever shape you choose (reversed image)
- Lightbox (optional)
- Marking Utensil
2. Take one sheet of FlexiFuse and your reversed letters pattern. With the paper side up and glue(rough) side down, trace the letters onto the FlexiFuse.
3. Cut around each letter leaving about a 1/4 in margin.
4. Match your fabric to each letter. Cut a big enough piece of fabric to fit your flexifuse cut out. Match the back side of the fabric to the glue side of FlexiFuse. Using a hot, dry iron press and hold on top of paper side of FlexiFuse for 5-8 seconds. Repeat until entire surface is bonded. Allow to cool.
5. Trim bonded FlexiFuse along the traced edge of your letter. Peel paper backing of FlexiFuse off.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 with your pennant banner pattern
7. Cut pennant banner out of cardstock paper
8. Position pennant banner applique piece over cardstock paper. Using a hot dry iron, press applique to the background for 5-8 seconds. Repeat with applique letters.
9. Finish by stringing pennants or take your own spin on this project!
Thank you for allowing along on this project! Come back to our blog for more tutorials of at-home #flexifuse projects!